Admissions Graduate programs
How to apply to ISIT's graduate studies?
Admissions requirements for ISIT’s graduate programs
- English and a second language chosen from Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian
- French (all levels)
- 4th year: have completed your third year of university studies (L3) or have completed one year of a master’s program (M1).
- Lawyer-Linguist studies: Be enrolled on a law degree program or have completed the equivalent of the first year of a Master of Laws.
How to apply?
- Fill out the application form, draft a cover letter and resume, and prepare for the written exam.
- For the 4th-year admissions: written exams and a multilingual interview with a jury.
- For students from an instiution that signed a cooperation agreement with ISIT, admission is based solely on their application file (without them having to sit ISIT’s entrance exams).
- For the Conference Interpreting program
> Admission is only possible as a 4th-year student.
> Have completed 3rd-year at ISIT or hold a licence, bachelor’s, master’s or other equivalent degree. For more information about degree equivalency, contact Christel Reille, Student admissions Manager.
> French and English (excellent understanding) mandatory, any other language mastered can be added to the combination.
> Have a minimum of 12 consecutive months of in-country experience using your B or C languages. Learn about A, B and C working languages.
Application forms online at www.isitinternational.com: November 2017
applicants through admission exams
applicants through cooperation agreements*
Pre-admission exams (Conference Interpreting)
|Winter||15th January 2018||1st February 2018||27th January 2018|
|Spring 1||12th March 2018||30th March 2018||24th March 2018|
|Spring 2||15th May 2018||7th June 2018||26th May 2018|
|Summer 1||12th July 2018|
|Summer 2||16th August 2018||23rd August 2018||22nd August 2018|
Entrance exam fees (non-refundable)
- €180 by online payment
- €250 by online payment for Conference Interpreting
– Candidates may apply to one session per year
– Candidates have the option of three exam centers in France: Paris, Toulouse or Besançon EXCEPT for admissions to the Conference Interpreting program, which are only held in Paris.
– Candidates may take exams outside of France with the exception of Conference Interpreting applicants; only the pre-admission exam for this program may be taken outside of France.
To learn more about sitting the admissions tests abroad, read our frequently asked questions about admissions or contact Tania Gomes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Entrance exams for admission in fourth year
- Writing exercise: Translations from the candidate’s two working languages into their mother tongue on a legal intercultural topic or the candidate must produce a written text (in their mother tongue and working languages) in which they express an opinion based on an intercultural topic.
- Oral exercise: a personal, multilingual interview with a jury
- For the Master’s degree in Conference interpreting: click here for details about admission and admissibility exams
- Acceptance into ISIT depends on completion of a high school or baccalaureate degree for students in their final year, and completion of other degrees for parallel admissions.
Prepare for entrance exams
– Prepare the translation part thanks to our past exams available on Slideshare.
- Fourth year Intercultural Communication and Translation
- Fourth year Intercultural Management