Admissions requirements for ISIT’s undergraduate programs
How to apply to ISIT's undergraduate studies?
- English and a second language chosen from Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian
- French (all levels)
If you master another language not listed here, you may take a final-year exam to add it to your degree.
For more information, contact Christel Reille: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prerequisite: You must currently be enrolled in your final year of high school or have earned the equivalent of a high school degree (Bac, all sections).
Cooperation agreement: For students from schools and highschools that signed a cooperation agreement with ISIT: admission based only on application file.
Read more about the admission on the application file here.
Important: Because of the large number of candidates who come to ISIT from around the world, first-year applicants do not complete their application on the usual Admission Post-Bac (APB) website created for French students.
ISIT has partnerships with the Faculté de Droit Jean Monnet – Université Paris Sud and the Université Paris 2 Panthéon – Assas.
ISIT/ Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II partnership: specific admissions conditions for the 1st year.
> Be admitted to the Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II
> Apply through the online application before the deadline
> Be admitted to ISIT and pay the annual tuition fees.
If you do not hold a law degree, you can still enroll on ISIT’s Lawyer-Linguist program, provided that you also enroll on the Faculté de Droit Jean Monnet – Université Paris Sud through the APB website, with Faculté de Droit Jean Monnet – Université Paris Sud as your first choice. Students admitted to ISIT are automatically accepted at the Faculté de Droit Jean Monnet – Université Paris Sud through an agreement between the two schools.
To apply as a 2nd- or 3rd-year student
- 2nd year: have completed your first year of university studies (L1) or currently be in your first year of Classes Préparatoires
- 3rd year: have completed your second year of university studies (L2) or currently be in your second year of Classes Préparatoires
For students from schools and highschools that signed a cooperation agreement with ISIT: admission based only on application dossier. Read more about the admission on the application dossier here.
For more information about degree equivalency, contact Christel Reille.
Prerequisite: Be enrolled on a law degree program or have completed the equivalent of the first year/second year/third year of a Master of Laws.
Partnership ISIT/ Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II: specific admission conditions for the 2nd year.
> Have already been a 1st-year law student at the Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II
> Be admitted in 2nd-year of law studies to the Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II
> Apply through online application before the deadline
> Be admitted to ISIT and pay the annual tuition fees.
Acceptance into ISIT is not final until you have received your high school or baccalaureate degree (for students in their senior year), or other degrees for dual admissions.
Application forms online at www.isitinternational.com: November 2017
applicants through admission exams
applicants through cooperation agreements*
|Winter||15th January 2018||1st February 2018||27th January 2018|
|Spring 1||12th March 2018||30th March 2018||24th March 2018|
|Spring 2||15th May 2018||7th June 2018||26th May 2018|
|Summer 1||12th July 2018|
|Summer 2||16th August 2018||23rd August 2018||22nd August 2018|
Entrance exam fees (not refundable): €180 by online payment.
– Candidates may apply to one session per year
– Candidates have the option of three exam centers in France: Paris, Toulouse or Besançon.
– Candidates may take exams outside of France. Learn more about sitting the admissions tests abroad, read our frequently asked questions about admissions or contact Tania Gomes (email@example.com).
Candidates are evaluated based on their mastery of written expression in multiple languages, analytical skills and general knowledge.
First/second/third year admissions
Admissions are based on the completion of topic-based exercises in each of the candidate’s working languages. Exercises will contain different types of support documents (texts, photos, images, drawings, figures, graphs etc) as well as the viewing of a short video in English (or French if the candidate’s mother tongue is English):
- Exercise 1 – 2 hours: Summary writing in English based on a given topic and support documents (or in French if the candidate’s mother tongue is English) + 3 questions to be answered in the candidate’s other working language.
- Exercise 2 – 2 hours: Translation from the candidate’s two working languages into their mother tongue.
- Lunch break – 2 hours: Activities proposed ISIT’s student associations.
- Exercise 3 – 2 hours: Writing exercise in the candidate’s mother tongue in which the candidate expresses a personal opinion, based on one of the topics previously covered.
Example: I am a candidate for admission to ISIT and my language combination is English (mother tongue) plus French and Spanish as working languages.
The first exercise will involve analyzing support documents in French and Spanish based on specific topics. Then, respectively, I will be required to write a summary in French and answer three questions in Spanish.
Exercise 2 will then involve translating texts from French and Spanish into my mother tongue, English.
Finally, after the lunch break, I will be required to write a text in my mother tongue (English) expressing a personal viewpoint based on one of the topics presented in the previous exercises.
– Prepare the translation part thanks to our past exams available on Slideshare.
– Here are sample exams created to help candidates prepare for the 2016 new exams (one common subject for all 3 years):