ISIT, an international school at home in the world
An unparalleled international reputation
ISIT has always had an eye to the world. Founded in 1957, ISIT was created in response to France’s growing diplomatic need for translators and interpreters as the European community grew and international exchange intensified. The quality of an ISIT education rests on profound intercultural understanding and language expertise.
ISIT has ties to more than 270 universities throughout the world, through networks, consortia, student exchanges, research projects, international colloquia and publications, dual degree programs, consulting, and more.
ISIT is regularly called upon by local and international organizations to promote education, research and innovation in multilingual and intercultural fields.
In 2016, ISIT joined 3 major international networks:
- MEDEF International
- The Francophone University Association
- The International Association of Universities
An international student body
ISIT’s academic programs are only half the picture; our international mix of students is a point of pride. Every year, ISIT welcomes many international students, through academic exchanges, certificate and dual degree programs, and during our summer sessions.
A talented team
- General management is responsible for ISIT’s international strategy, and is also the school’s legal representative in all international partnerships.
- International relations manages and organizes international projects, represents ISIT in international networks and contributes to building international partnerships. International relations also guarantees coordination and follow up of international exchanges .
- The Academic director oversees the learning design of academic exchanges and internships, guarantees that rules regarding internships and exchanges are respected, and implements international dual degree partnership strategy.
- Research directors prepare applications for European and international projects. They coordinate international research projects, oversee their successful completion, and represent ISIT at meetings and conferences. Research directors communicate research results throughout the world by participating in international research days and conferences as well as submitting ISIT research results to publications. They establish international research partnerships and joint thesis agreements.