Training the world’s talent
ISIT International Exchange Program
Students from nearly 100 partner institutions around the world may study at ISIT for one or two semesters, as part of the ERASMUS+ (Europe) program and through other reciprocal agreements.
Things to remember about student exchanges:
- Duration: a semester or a year at ISIT, depending on your home university’s requirements.
- Price: you do not pay tuition at ISIT. You pay your home university tuition (except for students from Chinese partner universities).
- Transfer credits: students will receive credits that may be applied to their home university degree. The credit approval process is explained during ISIT orientation.
- Course catalogue (in French)
- Detailed course catalogue in French (with ECTS, goals, bibliographies, assignments)
You must hold a three-year degree (L3/Bachelor) and be currently enrolled in a conference interpreting program or specialty at your university. An interview with the Director of the Conference Interpreting program is required for admission; this allows ISIT to evaluate your level. Please bring degree documents and course descriptions to this interview.
For more information, please contact Elsa Schang – email@example.com
Apply to ISIT
- Verify that your university has signed an agreement with ISIT.
- Contact your school’s International Relations or other appropriate department to move forward with the selection process. Your application is official when ISIT receives email notification from your university that you’ve been approved for an exchange the following academic year.
- Our Internationl Office will then send you an email with our application kit and practical information.
Learn more before you apply
- Read about our program options
- Read our Factsheet
- Download our 2015/2016 information guide (in French)
- Information for new students (housing, daily life, etc.)
2016/2017 university calendar – Fall semester
– Exchange student welcome day: Monday, January 16, 2017 (TBC)
– Beginning of the semester: Monday, January 16, 2017
– Winter holidays: from 02/11/2017 to 02/19/2017
– Holiday: April 17, 2017
– End of the semester: Saturday, April 29, 2017
ISIT offers 4 dual degrees with top universities in China, Lebanon and Europe.
- Dual degree with the Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU): ISIT’s Master in Conference Interpreting or Master in Intercultural Communication and Translation.
- Dual degree with the Guangdong University of Foreign Studies (GDUFS): ISIT’s Master in Conference Interpreting or Master in Intercultural Communication and Translation.
Read this testimonial from Adrien Maynard, one of the first graduates of the Master in Translation dual-degree program between ISIT and BLCU.
Dual degree with Saint Joseph University in Beirut: ISIT’s Master in Conference Interpreting or Master in Intercultural Communication and Translation.
Dual degree with the University of Ljubljana: ISIT’s Master in Intercultural Communication and Translation.
Transfer to ISIT
You may transfer into ISIT from a school outside of France. In this case, your placement will be based on the most recent level of study completed in your home country.
To transfer into ISIT, you must master 2 or 3 active languages, including French and English. Other languages include Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian and Spanish. Languages not listed here may be added to your degree following an end-of-study exam.
Candidates with the following language pairings in both directions may attend ISIT under special programs for non-native French speakers: English/Arabic/, English/Chinese, English/German, English/Italian, English/Spanish.
To learn more, contact Christel Reille at firstname.lastname@example.org
The ISIT Summer Session take place from end of August to mid-September 2016.
Courses are taught in English.
Who can attend?
This course is open to anyone 18 years and older, students, professionals—and everyone in between. A minimum intermediate level (B2) is required in English, but no knowledge of French is necessary.
- Hone your skills in intercultural affairs
- Immerse yourself in a multicultural environment
- Earn university credits (4 ECTS = 3 US credits)
What’s special about ISIT Summer School?
A multicultural blend of classes, excursions and encounters.
- Unit 1 – Interculturality: a passport to an international career
- Unit 2 – Managing & communicating in an intercultural environment
- Unit 3 – Intercultural practices: real case studies
- Unit 4 – Focusing on French cultural diversity
- Unit 5 – Your turn: build team working skills and become an intercultural expert!
Evaluation: final project
Students may earn 4 ECTS credits, or 3 US university credits. An official ISIT certificate is delivered upon completion of the program.
Two cultural excursions are scheduled for each week of Summer Session.