Continuing education: bringing intercultural expertise to experienced professionals for over 50 years
Are you a training and development manager in a corporate, administrative or organizational setting, a seasoned translation professional or a novice making the leap to a new career? No matter where you’re at in your language journey, ISIT’s multilingual, intercultural expertise has what you need to grow professionally. Whether you’re looking to make the most of your experience, discover a rewarding profession, develop new skills or improve team performance, ISIT has a program for you.
Professionals choose ISIT for:
- Intercultural Management
- Intercultural Communication
- Conference Interpreting
- Targeted Language Improvement
Intercultural legal Communication
The ISIT advantage:
- A personalized approach
- Practical exercises
- Educational excellence
- Access to professional equipment: interpretation booths, computers and software
- Classes led by working professionals
- A network of prestigious international partners
- Short-term programs in translation and conference interpreting, for everyone from first-time learners to advanced practitioners
- Long-term certificate programs, including a specific course on new translation technology
- Customized training to respond to specific needs
Are you thinking about making a major career change?
Maybe you’d like to become a specialist in a demanding and rewarding field where you can make the most of your passion for languages?
Translation, conference interpreting, intercultural management, legal communication: ISIT offers programs to discover a field or to perfect your knowledge.
Look at the online catalog for short-term programs:
Student voices callout
“Through this program, I learned exactly what it means to be a conference interpreter, […]. The teacher, who was also a working interpreter, led us through a number of practical exercises, which really helped me get a feel for the profession.”
These unique courses help you develop a deeper understanding of today’s intercultural challenges. ISIT’s standard Intercultural Communication and Management degrees can also be earned through our Continuing Education program.
- a unique certificate program to master new translation technology, essential tools that any professional translator should master. (see details below)
- an intercultural legal communication program to practice in an intercultural, international context. (see details here)
“New translation technology” program details
- A full-time program on the ISIT campus, right in the heart of Paris
- 12 months of training, with three spent working in a company
- Translator certificate (Level 1)
- Financing possible using credits earned through French programs CIF, the FIF-PL and bank loans negotiated by ISIT.
- Theory and practice
- Individual advising sessions
- Completion of a translation thesis guided by a qualified teacher
- An oral and written defense presented before a jury of professionals and academics
- Industry conferences
- Education: Minimum 3-year degree (Bac+3)
Or 2-year degree (Bac+2), plus 3 years professional experience
Or Bac or high school degree, plus 5 years professional experience
If you hold a degree under a Bac+3 you must submit your professional experience for validation (VAPP)
- Working languages: all students must be fluent in French and English
- Send us a completed application form along with your resume and a cover letter describing your professional goals.
- Deadline: October 26, 2017
- Entrance exam
- French-English translation into A and B languages
- Multiple-choice general knowledge exam
- French exam (Criterion Referenced French Test)
- Selection process
- Entrance exam: November 25, 2017
- Jury: December 8, 2017
- Results: December 11, 2017
- Classes begin: February 2018
Does your company face multicultural, multilingual challenges? Whether you’re a small business, an international corporation, or even an independent contractor, ISIT can help you determine your language needs and tailor a program to meet them.