Innovation, new technology, multilingualism: research by ISIT
The ISIT Research Center supports:
- interdisciplinary research into language and culture,
- research into intercultural mediation in translation, interpretation and management,
- research into the economic, political and social implications of multilingual communication and intercultural management.
Four research areas
The ISIT Research Center examines issues in the following fields:
- Analysis and processing of multilingual, multicultural data, interfaces and environments.
- Intercultural, multilingual communication and multimedia.
- Written and verbal dimensions of intercultural management and communication.
- Intercultural legal communication and analysis.
Analysis and processing of multilingual, multicultural data, interfaces and environments
The web is a mine of multilingual interactions and data. Culture influences how interfaces are created and used, which means understanding web interactions demands a nuanced understanding of these linguistic and cultural influences. Social media, applications and databases are examined in terms of speech, terminology and semantics to offer solutions to political, institutional, economic and research stakeholders.
Intercultural, multilingual communication and multimedia
The ISIT Research Center contributes to fostering innovation and expanding the fields of intercultural, multilingual communication and multimedia, the relationship between knowledge and new technology, automatic translation, post-editing, web semantics, computer-aided-translation (CAT) and terminology.
Intercultural management and communication
This area seeks to further research into intercultural issues in economic and political management systems faced by companies and international organizations: social responsibility, and organization and management within multicultural, multilingual teams. Intercultural management and communication research calls upon work that combines different intercultural aspects: professions, generations, countries and cultures.
Intercultural legal analysis
This area furthers research into the impact of different legal cultures in France; the impact of French legal culture, and European legal cultural more generally, in the world; the impact of the European legal system on the French justice system; and, finally, on the interactions between the main contemporary legal systems.