Do you have what it takes to be a language professional in a complex world?
- English and a second language chosen from Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian.
- French (all levels)
- If you master another language not listed here, you may take a final-year exam to add it to your degree.
- First-year admissions: You must currently be enrolled in your final year of high school or have earned the equivalent of a high school degree (Bac, all sections).
- 2nd-year admissions: You must have completed your first year of university studies (L1) or currently be in your first year of Classes Préparatoires
- 3rd-year admissions: You must have completed your second year of university studies (L2) or currently be in your second year of Classes Préparatoires
- 4th-year admissions: You must have completed your third year of university studies (L3) or have completed one year of a master’s program (M1).
How to apply?
- Fill out the application form, draft a cover letter and resume, and prepare for the written exam.
- For the 1st-year admission: based solely on the application file on Parcoursup.fr in “Ecoles de commerce/Espace Management-Communication” category
- For the 2nd- and 3rd-year admissions: written exams in different languages.
- For the 4th-year admissions: written exams and a multilingual interview with a jury
- For students from an institution that signed a cooperation agreement with ISIT, admission is based solely on their application file (without them having to sit ISIT’s entrance exams).
For the Lawyer-linguist program
- You must currently be enrolled on a law degree program or hold a M1 in law.
- Since 2016, ISIT has signed a partnership with Université Panthéon- Assas Paris II . Only available for 1st- and 2nd- year admissions.
- Read more about the specific admissions conditions for the ISIT/Université Panthéon Assas Paris II partnership.
For the Conference Interpreting program
- Admission is only possible as a 4th-year student.
- Have completed 3rd-year at ISIT or hold a licence, bachelor’s, master’s or other equivalent degree. For more information about degree equivalency, contact Christel Reille, Student Admissions Manager.
- French and English (excellent understanding) mandatory, any other language mastered can be added to the combination.
- Have a minimum of 12 consecutive months of in-country experience using your B or C languages. Learn about A, B and C working languages.
Are you ready to apply? You’ll need to fill out the application form, draft a cover letter and resume, and prepare for the pre-admission and entrance exams.
For more information about degree equivalency, contact Christel Reille.
Admissions calendar (for 2nd-/3rd-/4th-year admissions)
If visa for study in France is needed, do not apply to Summer 2 session: it will be too late for visa administrative steps.
applicants through admission exams
applicants through cooperation agreements*
Pre-admission exams (Conference Interpreting)**
|Winter||30th January 2022||13th February 2022||5th February 2022|
|Spring 1||13th March 2022||3rd April 2022||19th March 2022|
|Spring 2||15th May 2022||12th June 2022||21st May 2022|
|Summer 1||26th June 2022||10th July 2022||30th July 2022|
|Summer 2||21st August 2022||28th August 2022||25th August 2022|
|Summer 3||4th September 2022||11th September 2022||8th September 2022|
|Fall***||30th October 2022||30th October 2022||5th November 2022|
*only for applicants from establishments that signed cooperation agreements with ISIT.
** This year, the pre-admission exams will take place only in Spring 1, Spring 2 and Summer 2 sessions.
***Only for applicants for year 3 who want to start school in January 2023
Entrance exam fees (non-refundable)
- €180 by online payment
- €250 by online payment for Conference Interpreting
– Candidates may apply to one session per year
– Candidates have the option of one exam center in France: Paris
– Candidates may take exams outside of France with the exception of Conference Interpreting applicants; only the pre-admission exam for this program may be taken outside of France.
To learn more about sitting the admissions tests abroad, read our frequently asked questions about admissions or contact Hadja BARRY (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Programs information contact: Christian Vargas Islas – email@example.com
Admissions contact: Hadja BARRY – firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet us at student fairs in France and abroad and during our open days
Download the 2022 Admissions Information Brochure