Admissions Graduate programs
How to apply to ISIT's graduate studies?
Admissions requirements for ISIT’s graduate programs
- English and a second language chosen from Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian
- French (all levels)
- 4th year: have completed your third year of university studies (L3) or have completed one year of a master’s program (M1).
- Lawyer-Linguist studies: Be enrolled on a law degree program or have completed the equivalent of the first year of a Master of Laws.
How to apply?
- Fill out the application form, draft a cover letter and resume, and prepare for the written exam.
- For the 4th-year admissions: written exams and a multilingual interview with a jury.
- For students from an instiution that signed a cooperation agreement with ISIT, admission is based solely on their application file (without them having to sit ISIT’s entrance exams).
- For the Conference Interpreting program
> For the 4th-year admissions, candidates have to take pre-admission exams in English and French and then, they take multilingual admission exams.
> For the 5th-year admissions, candidates take:
- an interview in their work languages
- a 6-minute consecutive interpretating test by work languages
- a sight translation test
> Have completed 3rd-year at ISIT or hold a licence, bachelor’s, master’s or other equivalent degree. For more information about degree equivalency, contact Christel Reille.
> French and English (excellent understanding) mandatory, any other language mastered can be added to the combination.
> Have a minimum of 12 consecutive months of in-country experience using your B or C languages. Learn about A, B and C working languages.
Application forms online at www.isitinternational.com: November 2021
applicants through admission exams
applicants through cooperation agreements*
Pre-admission exams (Conference Interpreting)**
|Winter||30th January 2022||13th February 2022||5th February 2022|
|Spring 1||13th March 2022||3rd April 2022||19th March 2022|
|Spring 2||15th May 2022||12th June 2022||21st May 2022|
|Summer 1||26th June 2022||10th July 2022||30th July 2022|
|Summer 2||21st August 2022||28th August 2022||25th August 2022|
|Summer 3||4th September 2022||11th September 2022||8th September 2022|
*only for applicants from establishments that signed cooperation agreements with ISIT.
** This year, the pre-admission exams will take place only in Spring 1, Spring 2 and Summer 2 sessions.
Entrance exam fees (non-refundable)
- €180 by online payment
- €250 by online payment for Conference Interpreting
– Candidates may apply to one session per year
– Candidates have the option of one exam center in France: Paris
– Candidates may take exams outside of France with the exception of Conference Interpreting applicants; only the pre-admission exam for this program may be taken outside of France.
To learn more about sitting the admissions tests abroad, read our frequently asked questions about admissions or contact email@example.com
Entrance exams for admission in fourth year
- Writing exercise: Translations from the candidate’s two working languages into their mother tongue on a legal intercultural topic and/or the candidate must produce a written text (in their mother tongue and working languages) in which they express an opinion based on an intercultural topic.
- Oral exercise: a personal, multilingual interview with a jury
- For the Master’s degree in Conference interpreting: click here for details about admission and admissibility exams
- Acceptance into ISIT depends on completion of a high school or baccalaureate degree for students in their final year, and completion of other degrees for parallel admissions.
Prepare for entrance exams
– Prepare the translation part thanks to our past exams available on Slideshare.
- Fourth year Intercultural Communication and Translation
|German > French|
|English > French|
|Arabic > French|
|Spanish > French|
|Italian > French|
|English > Italian|
|French > Italian|
|Italian > English|
- Fourth year Intercultural Management
- Fourth year Intercultural Digital Strategy
- Fourth year International Strategy and Diplomacy
- Fourth year Lawyer Linguist
|German to A language|
|English to A language|
|Arabic to A language|
|Spanish to A language|
|French to A language|
|Italian to A language|