Admissions Graduate programs
How to apply to ISIT's graduate studies?
Admissions requirements for ISIT’s graduate programs
- English and a second language chosen from Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian
- French (all levels)
- 4th year: have completed your third year of university studies (L3) or have completed one year of a master’s program (M1).
- Lawyer-Linguist studies: Be enrolled on a law degree program or have completed the equivalent of the first year of a Master of Laws.
How to apply?
- Fill out the application form, draft a cover letter and resume, and prepare for the written exam.
- For the 4th-year admissions: written exams and a multilingual interview with a jury.
- For students from an instiution that signed a cooperation agreement with ISIT, admission is based solely on their application file (without them having to sit ISIT’s entrance exams).
- For the Conference Interpreting program
> Admission is only possible as a 4th-year student.
> Have completed 3rd-year at ISIT or hold a licence, bachelor’s, master’s or other equivalent degree. For more information about degree equivalency, contact Christel Reille, Student admissions Manager.
> French and English (excellent understanding) mandatory, any other language mastered can be added to the combination.
> Have a minimum of 12 consecutive months of in-country experience using your B or C languages. Learn about A, B and C working languages.
Application forms online at www.isitinternational.com: November 2018
applicants through admission exams
applicants through cooperation agreements*
Pre-admission exams (Conference Interpreting)
|Winter||14th January 2019||15th February 2019||26th January 2019|
|Spring 1||13th March 2019||5th April 2019||23rd March 2019|
|Spring 2||15th May 2019||7th June 2019||25th May 2019|
|Summer 1||12th July 2019|
|Summer 2||19th August 2019||30th August 2019||22nd August 2019|
Entrance exam fees (non-refundable)
- €180 by online payment
- €250 by online payment for Conference Interpreting
– Candidates may apply to one session per year
– Candidates have the option of one exam center in France: Paris
– Candidates may take exams outside of France with the exception of Conference Interpreting applicants; only the pre-admission exam for this program may be taken outside of France.
To learn more about sitting the admissions tests abroad, read our frequently asked questions about admissions or contact email@example.com
Entrance exams for admission in fourth year
- Writing exercise: Translations from the candidate’s two working languages into their mother tongue on a legal intercultural topic and/or the candidate must produce a written text (in their mother tongue and working languages) in which they express an opinion based on an intercultural topic.
- Oral exercise: a personal, multilingual interview with a jury
- For the Master’s degree in Conference interpreting: click here for details about admission and admissibility exams
- Acceptance into ISIT depends on completion of a high school or baccalaureate degree for students in their final year, and completion of other degrees for parallel admissions.
Prepare for entrance exams
– Prepare the translation part thanks to our past exams available on Slideshare.
- Fourth year Intercultural Communication and Translation
|German > French|
|English > French|
|Arabic > French|
|Spanish > French|
|Italian > French|
|English > Italian|
|French > Italian|
|Italian > English|
- Fourth year Intercultural Management and Intercultural Digital strategy
- Fourth year International Strategy and Diplomacy
- Fourth year Lawyer Linguist