Admissions requirements for ISIT’s undergraduate programs
How to apply to ISIT's undergraduate studies?
- English and a second language chosen from Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian
- French (all levels)
If you master another language not listed here, you may take a final-year exam to add it to your degree.
For more information, contact Christian Vargas Islas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From 2019, first-year applicants have to complete their application on the Parcoursup.fr website created for French students.
- Category in Parcoursup: “ Ecoles de commerce/ Espace Management-Communication”.
- Prerequisite: You must currently be enrolled in your final year of high school or have earned the equivalent of a high school degree (Bac, all sections).
ISIT has partnerships with the Faculté de Droit Jean Monnet – Université Paris Sud and the Université Paris 2 Panthéon – Assas.
ISIT/ Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II partnership: specific admissions conditions for the 1st year.
> Be admitted to the Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II
> Be admitted to ISIT and pay the annual tuition fees.
If you do not hold a law degree, you can still enroll on ISIT’s Lawyer-Linguist program, provided that you also enroll on the Faculté de Droit Jean Monnet – Université Paris Sud through the Parcoursup website, with Faculté de Droit Jean Monnet – Université Paris Sud as your first choice. Students admitted to ISIT are automatically accepted at the Faculté de Droit Jean Monnet – Université Paris Sud through an agreement between the two schools.
To apply as a 2nd- or 3rd-year student
- 2nd year: have completed your first year of university studies (L1) or currently be in your first year of Classes Préparatoires
- 3rd year: have completed your second year of university studies (L2) or currently be in your second year of Classes Préparatoires
For students from schools and highschools that signed a cooperation agreement with ISIT: admission based only on application dossier. Read more about the admission on the application dossier here.
For more information about degree equivalency, contact Christel Reille.
Prerequisite: Be enrolled on a law degree program or have completed the equivalent of the first year/second year/third year of a Master of Laws.
Partnership ISIT/ Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II: specific admission conditions for the 2nd year.
> Have already been a 1st-year law student at the Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II
> Be admitted in 2nd-year of law studies to the Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II
> Apply through online application before the deadline
> Be admitted to ISIT and pay the annual tuition fees.
Acceptance into ISIT is not final until you have received your high school or baccalaureate degree (for students in their senior year), or other degrees for dual admissions.
Admissions calendar (for 2nd-/3rd-year admissions)
If visa for study in France is needed, do not apply to Summer 2 or 3 sessions: it will be too late for visa administrative steps.
applicants through admission exams
applicants through cooperation agreements*
Pre-admission exams (Conference Interpreting)**
|Winter||30th January 2021||21st February 2021||6th February 2021|
|Spring 1||14th March 2021||4th April 2021||20th March 2021|
|Spring 2||15th May 2022||6th June 2021||21st May 2022|
|Summer 1||27th June 2021||11th July 2021||2nd July 2021|
|Summer 2||19th August 2021||29th August 2021||25th August 2021|
|Summer 3||29th August 2021||5th September 2021||2nd September 2021|
|Fall**||30th October 2022||30th October 2022||5th November 2022|
**Only for applicants for year 3 who want to start school in January 2023
Entrance exam fees (not refundable): €180 by online payment.
– Candidates may apply to one session per year
– Candidates have one option of exam center in France: Paris
– Candidates may take exams outside of France. Learn more about sitting the admissions tests abroad, read our frequently asked questions about admissions or contact Hadja Barry – email@example.com.
Candidates are evaluated based on their mastery of written expression in multiple languages, analytical skills and general knowledge.
Second/third year admissions
Admissions are based on the completion of topic-based exercises in each of the candidate’s working languages. Exercises will contain different types of support documents (texts, photos, images, drawings, figures, graphs etc) as well as the viewing of a short video in English (or French if the candidate’s mother tongue is English):
- Exercise 1 – 4 hours:
- Summary writing in English based on a given topic and support documents in English (or in French if the candidate’s mother tongue is English)
- 3 questions to be answered in the candidate’s other working language on a given topic and support documents in these language.
- Translation from the candidate’s two working languages into their mother tongue.
- Lunch break – 2 hours: Activities proposed ISIT’s student associations.
- Exercise 2 – 2 hours: Writing exercise in the candidate’s mother tongue in which the candidate expresses a personal opinion, based on one of the topics previously covered.
Example: I am a candidate for admission to ISIT and my language combination is English (mother tongue) plus French and Spanish as working languages.
The first exercise will involve analyzing support documents in French on a specific topic and in Spanish based on an other topic. Then, respectively, I will be required to write a summary in French of the French documents and answer three questions in Spanish regarding the Spanish documents.
Exercise 2 will then involve translating texts from French and Spanish into my mother tongue, English.
Finally, after the lunch break, I will be required to write a text in my mother tongue (English) expressing a personal viewpoint based on one of the topics presented in the previous exercises.
– Prepare the translation part thanks to our past exams available on Slideshare.
– Here are sample exams: