ISIT Continuing professional development: A long certified CPD course for a successful career plan
In particular, ISIT offers Continuing professional development (CPD), which is unrivaled when it comes to mastering new technologies. These new technologies are vital to the professional translation sector.
This long CPD course is a full training program divided into 10 modules: from an introduction to computer-aided translation (CAT) tools, through to subtitling and technical and specialized translation as well as project management and entrepreneurship training for those looking to set up their own business.
- Full-time on-site training at ISIT’s new campus
- Duration:12 months, including an obligatory 3-month period in a company
- Translation certificate (equivalent to level 1)
- Possible funding through the Congé Individuel de Formation (CIF), a period of paid leave for employees to pursue training, the Fonds Interprofessionnel de Formation des Professionnels Libéraux (FIF-PL), a certified training insurance fund, as well as bank loans negotiated by ISIT.
- Interplay between theory and real-life practice
- Personalized, individual support
- A translation thesis supervised by a referent course trainer
- An activity report and an oral defense before a mixed panel made up of professional and academic interlocutors
- Conferences held by industry professionals and experts
- Qualification: bachelor’s degree minimum (high school diploma + 3 years of university study)
Or a validated high school diploma plus 2 years of university study followed by 3 years of professional experience
Or a validated high school diploma followed by 5 years of professional experience
For qualifications below bachelor’s degree level: application process for recognition of prior learning (RPL)
- Working languages: French and English compulsory.
Conditions for admission
- Enrolment form with a CV and a cover letter outlining your career plans.
Deadline for submission: October 29, 2021
- Entry exam:
- French-English translation into A and B languages
- General knowledge Multiple Choice Questionnaire (MCQ)
- French test
- Entry exam: November 27, 2021
- Panel: December 10, 2021
- Results: December 13, 2021
- Start of training: February 2022